Gifts may be entered as they are received, or all together at designated times that you establish.
There are two methods that can be used to enter Gifts.
•Add New Gift - Use this option to manually enter each gift.
•Cross Check - When enabled, you can scan each check into the system. See Scan Checks Using Cross Checks.
NOTE: Entries display in the grid as they are entered. Double-click on a payment or click the Edit icon to edit a payment in the grid. You can also click the Add New Gift link to add a new payment. Click the Delete icon by a payment in the grid to be prompted to delete that payment.
Go to Manage > Unposted Gifts to make further edits, print the Gifts Edit Report, and/or Post Post Batches.
This Section Includes:
ØScan Checks Using Cross Check
This Section Includes:
1. Select the Batch Date for the Gift(s).
2. Type the Verify Amount for the batch. This is the sum of all gifts being entered in the batch.
3. Type the Verify Count for the batch. This is the total number of entries in the batch.
Click Add New Gift.
Choose which "Application" to filter your search by, All Applications, Accounts Payable, Gifts, or Payroll. Select the Name in the Person Search window. By default the search text for the Name field searches for last names and organizations. To search for first and last names enter your search in the "lastname, firstname" format. You can also search by City and State. Select the donor, and click the Select button. Alternately, click the Close link to return to the previous page without selecting anyone.
NOTE: Search for just a first name by starting your search with a comma (e.g., ", James"). Display a complete list of names by searching for just a comma.
1. Enter the Envelope #. You can only enter the Envelope # if you do that instead of selecting the donor. Once the donor is selected, this field is informational only and cannot be changed here.
2. Click the New Pledge button if you need to add a pledge. See Enter > Pledge for more information.
3. Enter or choose the Payment Date.
4. Enter the Check #.
5. Enter the Gift Amount. This is an optional field. See Manage Unposted Gifts > Preferences for more information.
6. Click the Anonymous? check box for the name to print as anonymous on any of the reports.
7. Click the Non-Cash? check box if the gift is not a cash amount. This allows the gift to be processed without affecting General Ledger. Any gifts with a current value (e.g., stocks) may be applied to a pledge, which will reduce the pledge balance.
8. Choose the Motivation for the gift. Either start typing the name of the motivation, and then choose from the pick list or type an "*" to list all motivations.
9. Choose the Media type. Either start typing the name of the media, and then choose from the pick list or type an "*" to list all media types. See Manage Unposted Gifts > Preferences for more information.
Complete the information on Distribution, Attachments, and Note tabs as appropriate.
The Distribution tab displays a grid containing Purposes. The following columns are displayed for each purpose:
•Purpose: Either start typing the name of the purpose, and then choose from the pick list or type an "*" to list all purposes.
•Pledge: The pledge amount displays if one exists.
•Amount: Type the amount received for the purpose chosen.
•Project: Click the search icon, and then choose the project that applies. See Manage Unposted Gifts > Preferences for more information.
•SubDonor: Choose if one applies. This could be the individual from the church/parish that made the donation. See Manage Unposted Gifts > Preferences for more information.
Click the Add [#] New Lines icon-link to add more lines of detail.
NOTE: The program will remember a pattern of giving after two entries in a row are exactly the same when processed. To change a remembered entry, simply type over the existing information if different.
The Attachments tab allows you to attach files accessible from your device or to scan image files using the Scanner.Client.exe program. See the Attachments Help Page for detailed information regarding the attachments feature.
Enter a note in the field provided if you wish. This field is especially important for non-cash gifts where you can enter a brief description of what was donated (e.g., 10 shares of Apple Inc. stock, 2009 Ford Explorer, 4 hours of IT services, etc.).
When finished click the Apply button to save changes to your transaction and start entering another, the Update button to save any information that has been added or changed, the Reset resets the page back to how it was before any changes were made to it, or the Cancel link to to leave the page without saving any changes and return to the previous page you were on.
If you are using Cross Check, a check is automatically scanned when you enter the Enter Gifts page. If that check is not associated with a church, the Person Search window displays. If the check is associated with one church, their information populates the update page. If there is more than one church associated with a check the Person Search window displays with all associated names. Double-click the appropriate name or click the name and then Select.
Once a check has been scanned it displays to the right of the Cross Check field. Hover over the check to see the image of the back of the check as well. After you click Update on the payment the check is saved as two .png image files attached to that payment record (one for the front of the check and one for the back).
You can set up Cross Check in Manage > Unposted Gifts > Preferences (More Information). If you want to remove a check association from a donor you can do this from the donor record on the ACH Accounts tab (More Information).
Note: The Scanner.Client executable must be running to use Cross Check to scan checks.