This Help page contains the following sections:
The first step in ensuring a successful transfer of data between the Financials Payroll application and the TimeClock Plus program is to match the Payroll distribution types in the Financials to the newly created Job Codes in TimeClock Plus. Please refer to the TimeClock Plus manual to set up the Job Codes.
NOTE: This document has steps specifically for TimeClock Plus v.7.0.
To view Distribution Types in the Financials Payroll applications:
1. From the Payroll menu, select Modify -> Compensation Information.
2. From the Compensation Information page click the Edit icon or double-click the Compensation Type that you use. For most organizations, this is Salary/Hourly (Regular Wages).
3. Please make note of ALL the Descriptions in the Distributions grid. You need to match these to the Job Codes in TimeClock Plus.
NOTE: For easier matching, click the Alt and PrtScn buttons simultaneously to capture the Distribution screen. Then open a Microsoft Word® document and paste. This saves a screen shot.
4. Next, open TimeClock Plus Manager and click Configuration -> Job Codes.
5. Click the Add button to begin entering the Job Codes.
6. Begin entering the Job Codes; please refer to your TimeClock Plus manual for specific instructions on entering new Job Codes.
NOTE: Go to the Custom Fields tab and put the Job Code in the field for Shelby Export. This is how the number ties to the mapping in the Financials. You can type anything you want for the Job Code as long as it is 10 characters or fewer (including spaces).
The Financials Payroll application allows you to export employee information (employee name, phone number, Social Security Number, etc.) to a text file that is importable into TimeClock Plus. This saves you from having to re-key this information into the TimeClock Plus software.
To export the information from the Financials Payroll application:
1. From the Payroll dashboard, select Utilities -> TimeClock Plus Export.
2. The program automatically downloads the ‘TimeClockPlus.txt’ file to your computer’s Downloads folder. Alternately, right-click on Utilities -> TimeClock Plus Export and select the location for the downloaded file.
NOTE: In Chrome and Firefox, files automatically download to your Downloads folder unless you change the setting in Preferences > Show Advanced Settings > Downloads (Chrome) or Options > General > Downloads (Firefox).
After entering a new employee in Payroll, you need to run this export feature again. When importing the file into TimeClock Plus, you are given options to choose which employee records to import.
1. Open the TimeClock Plus Web Manager.
2. Select Tools, then Import.
3. From the drop-down, click Employee Information.
4. Click the Browse button to Choose a file. Navigate to the file that you created when exporting from the Financials program (e.g., C:\Users\thomasb\Downloads).
NOTE: If you have a Saved Import Template from a previous import, click the Load button and select it before continuing. This step is optional and can be skipped.
5. Keep the defaults for all other fields.
6. Select Next.
7. After selecting Next on the Import Filenames screen, you receive an Import Information screen. This allows you to view how the information from the Financials is mapped to the fields in TimeClock Plus. Notice the EmpNu field under the Map Data column. This number is auto assigned by the program when the employee record is created. This number is not viewable through the Financials program and is used for internal purposes.
8. Map the required fields as indicated below by selecting how to map each item in the Map Data column via the drop-down in the Mapped As column. Any other fields in the Map Data column can remain unmapped.
9. After selecting Next on the Import Information screen, you receive an Import Summary, which summarizes the fields that are imported. (Click the Save Import Template button so that you can load it next time you import. This auto-populates your mappings.)
10. Click the Import button to complete the import or the Cancel button to cancel the import.
11. After clicking Import, you receive a message that tells you how many employee records were imported and whether there were any errors.
Once you have imported your employee information into TimeClock Plus, you can begin to set up the rest of the TimeClock Plus program. If you have further questions regarding the setup of the TimeClock Plus software, consult the User Reference Guide that accompanied your TimeClock Plus software, or contact the TimeClock Plus support desk.
NOTE: When creating the job code in TimeClock Plus, make sure that on the Custom Fields tab, under the Shelby Export heading, you fill in the job code number in the field for Job.
Once the Job Codes have been set up and the employee information has been exported from Financials and imported into TimeClock Plus, it is time to assign the Job Codes to the employees.
To assign Job Codes within TimeClock Plus:
1. Select Employee and then click Employee Profiles. To edit an employee in the list, double-click either on the employee or type the TimeClock Plus employee number in the Go to field and press <enter>. Click on the Jobs tab and click the Assign button.
2. Select the Job Code(s) for the employee. You can use the Search box to filter the selections. Click the Assign button to add all selected codes or the Cancel link to not add any job codes. Repeat this step for all employees.
NOTE: This procedure needs to be run when entering a new employee into the system.
After you have finished your pay period, you are ready to export the information from TimeClock Plus back into the Financials Payroll application. The export utility creates an ASCII text file that contains the employees’ names and number of hours for the pay period.
To create the file, from within the TimeClock Plus software:
1. Select Period and click Exports.
2. Select Shelby for the Export Format.
3. In the File name field, enter the path and file name.
NOTE: Make sure this filename is different than the filename created when exporting the Employee Information from the Financials. Also, it is a good idea to change the name on a weekly basis so that you can go back and look at history.
4. Click the Split by job code option and select whether to export hours for employees marked as Salaried in TimeClock Plus.
5. Click the Generate button. This creates the ASCII text file that is going to be imported into the Financials.
Once you have exported the information from TimeClock Plus, you can import it into the Financials Payroll program. To do this:
1. Open the Financials Payroll application and select Manage -> Payroll Processing.
2. Click the Search button and then the Time Clock Import link.
3. Enter the Distribution Selection Date and click the Choose File button. Browse to and select the file you created using TimeClock Plus.
4. Click the Import button to continue the import or the Cancel link to return to the previous screen.
5. Select the job code for Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Personal, Misc, and Holiday time along with the default number of hours for the Salaried Employees. The program requires a Sick and Vacation Pay code here. If you did not have an employee that claimed sick or vacation time, manually type the pay code.
6. For each Job Code in the grid, click the Edit icon and select the appropriate Distribution.
7. Click the Update button to finish importing the TimeClock Plus file or the Cancel link to return to the previous screen.
8. Once you have imported the payroll time information into the Financials, make any adjustments needed from the Payroll Processing screen. After this, you are ready to print your checks.
Compiled on 5/24/2018 9:19:57 AM