In order to start using any software, there is some initial setup that needs to be completed. The following steps guide you through the initial setup so that you can get started processing journals, running bank reconciliation, and paying vendors & employees.
•For a visual tutorial, see the Getting Started video.
•All video tutorials can be viewed from the Tutorials & Videos page.
NOTE: Click the Help icon in the upper right-hand corner of any page in the program to receive more detailed information about that page. Click the Video icon to view a video tutorial on selected pages where a video has been produced.
The following steps create a company with periods, funds, departments, and a chart of accounts. There is also a step for creating Projects.
1. From the General Ledger menu, select Modify -> Company Information. Click the Add New Company link. Enter the basic information about your company such as Name, Address, Phone, and Federal ID. Click the Update button when you are finished.
2. The Year and Periods page appears automatically. Enter the dates for your Fiscal Year and specify Period information. Click the Update button when you are finished.
3. A page to setup your account structure and accounts displays next. From here, you can copy your account structure and accounts from another company, from a template, or choose to manually create your chart of accounts. For this example, let's select the Templates option, and then select "3 Church - Funds & Depts". Click the Update button to continue.
NOTE: To view PDF examples of each template refer to the Templates note on the Year and Periods help page.
4. The Chart of Accounts summary appears after the program is finished constructing your chart of accounts. Click the OK button to continue after reviewing the summary.
5. From the General Ledger menu, select Modify -> Account Structure and then click the Settings link. Rename your Fund or Department description, change the account length, or select to use Sub-Accounts. Click the Save button when you are finished making any changes.
6. One other step to consider is to establish Projects. Projects can be assigned to journal entries so that you can track the income and expense for that project. From the General Ledger menu, select Modify -> Project Information. Click the Add New Project link. Enter a Project Name and any other information for the project, then click the Update button.
Bank Account Management
The following steps create a bank account that is used for reconciliation and shows you where pre-printed and MICR checks are customized.
1. From the Bank Account Management menu, select Modify -> Bank Account Information. Click the Add New Bank Account link. Enter the basic information about your bank account.
2. (Optional) Next, select the Company/Bank Info tab. Enter the Bank Account Routing #, Bank Name, and any other text such as the address and phone number.
3. Notice there are tabs for MICR checks as well as pre-printed AP and Payroll checks. Enter information on any of these other tabs as appropriate, and then click the Update button when you are finished.
The following steps set up how your company interfaces with the General Ledger and sets preferences for your check stubs.
1. From the Accounts Payable menu, select Modify -> Company Information. Notice the Federal Tax ID Number is already populated with what was entered on the Company Information page. Enter your State Tax Id number in the State Number field. If you use an Accrual method, select the Accrual Basis option and then enter your Payables Account #. Make any other modifications and then click the Check Stub Information tab.
2. Review the Check Stub Information options and select those you would like to use. Notice the Payment Methods section. This is where you select to use pre-printed checks or the MICR Plus checks. Click the Update button when you are finished.
The following steps highlight the basic information needed to get started in your Payroll program.
1. From the Payroll menu, select Modify -> Employer Information. Select the General Ledger Interface tab and enter the account numbers that correspond with each category. If you do not want to interface with the General Ledger, then simply uncheck the "Interface with General Ledger?" check box. Review the Basic Information and Time Off Hours tabs, then click the Update button when you are finished.
2. Now let’s review the Time Off Hours tab. Use the Time Off Hours tab to add new Time Off types or change the descriptions for existing types. Click the Update button when you are finished making any changes.
3. Before you can process payroll, you need to set up Compensations and Deductions and then assign the Compensations and Deductions to employees. These steps can all be done under the Modify menu, by Selecting Compensation Information, Deduction Information, or Employee Information.
Compiled on 9/18/2018 2:32:11 PM