Entering next year's budget can be done before closing the current fiscal year. See the How do I copy the Chart of Accounts? tutorial if you have not yet copied your chart of accounts to the next year.
The following steps guide you through entering your budget for the next fiscal year. For more detailed instructions on entering your budget, see the Enter a Budget tutorial.
•For a visual tutorial, see the Enter Next Year's Budget video.
•All video tutorials can be viewed from the Tutorials & Videos page.
1. Click the Current Financial Settings change link located in the upper right-hand corner of your page.
2. Select the next fiscal year from the Fiscal Year drop-down list and then click the OK button.
3. From the General Ledger menu, select Modify -> Budget Information.
4. Select the levels that you would like to filter and then click the Search button.
5. Click the Edit icon next to an account to modify or enter the budget for that account.
6. After modifying the budget for an account, click the Done button at the bottom of the page.
7. When you are finished entering budget figures for the next year, remember to set your Current Financial Settings back to the current year. Click the change link.
8. Select the current fiscal year from the Fiscal Year drop-down list and then click the OK button.
Compiled on 9/18/2018 2:32:11 PM