Some organizations structure their chart of accounts so that the same account number and name is used consistently across several departments. There is a feature on the Chart of Accounts page that allows you to verify that an account number and name is the same as other departments and allows you to add or change the account number in those departments.
The steps below guide you through adding account 52150 to two departments (250 & 300) and changing the name of account # 52150 in two other departments (350 & 450) so that the name is consistent throughout all departments.
•For a visual tutorial, see the Add or Change Account Names across Departments video.
•All video tutorials can be viewed from the Tutorials & Videos page.
1. From the General Ledger menu, select Modify -> Chart of Accounts.
2. Select the Fund and Department for the account that you would like to verify and then click the Search button.
3. Click the Expand All button to view all the accounts in the selected department.
4. Locate the Usage column and then hover your mouse pointer over the Information icon to view a summary of how this account is used in other departments.
5. Next, click the Information icon to view a detailed listing of how this account is used in other departments.
6. From here, click the Add? check box next to department 250.
7. Then, click the Change Name? check boxes next to department 350 and 450.
8. Review your changes and then click the Update button to save your changes.
NOTE: After clicking the Update button, account 52150 is added to department 250 and the name for account 52150 is changed on department 350 and 450.
9. When you return to the Chart of Accounts page, hover over the Information icon in the Usage column to view the updated account usage summary. Notice there are now 3 levels with this account and none with different names.
10. Click the Information icon to view the updated account names for each department.
Compiled on 2/12/2019 11:04:11 AM