Sometimes an invoice is entered in the wrong bank account.
This Step-by-Step tutorial walks you through the process of changing an unposted invoice from the Payroll checking account to the Operating checking account.
•For a visual tutorial, see the Change the Bank Account for an Invoice video.
•All video tutorials can be viewed from the Tutorials & Videos page.
1. From the Accounts Payable menu, select Manage -> Unposted Transactions.
2. Next, verify that you are in the bank account where the invoice was incorrectly posted. If you are not, then click the change link in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Select the Bank Account where the invoice is currently entered and then click the OK button.
4. Select the invoice (that was entered in the wrong bank account) by clicking the check box next to it.
5. After the invoice has been selected, click the Change Bank Account button.
6. The Change Bank Account window appears. Select the correct bank account for the invoice and then click the Continue button.
7. A confirmation message appears at the bottom of the page after the invoice has been changed.
8. Notice that the invoice no longer shows up on the Transactions grid.
9. To see the transaction in the correct bank account, click the change link in the upper right-hand corner.
10. Select the Bank Account where you moved the invoice to and then click the OK button.
11. After the page refreshes, notice the invoice now appears in the correct bank account.